Recipe by Debra1113
Bacon, croutons, parmesan cheese and lots of garlic. If you love caesar salad, you have to try this one! A great side for your pasta dinner, or add some grilled chicken and make it a meal. This is a great salad for potlucks, just double or triple the recipe. NOTE: the 1 hour "cook" time is just the time the dressing chills in the fridge and the flavors blend.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about half to 1 medium lemon)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -4 shallots or 2 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 -4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chilled
- 1 cup crouton
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated, to garnish
- fresh ground black pepper, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, vinegar, worcestershire, shallots, bacon, egg yolk, dijon and parmesan.
- Mix well and set aside in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- If it appears after an hour or so that there is oil floating on the top, skim it off or add a little more lemon juice.
- Mix dressing well with freshly washed, dried and chilled romaine lettuce.
- Add croutons and toss.
- Top each serving with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.