Recipe by Lennie
Posted in response to a request; I would be tempted to add a lot more seasonings.
Top Review by Myrna 2
Hey lennie, This is terrific. Had a bunch un-expectly for dinner and WHAT TO FIX???? This was a life saver. However I had to substitute tomato sauce and ketchup for spagetti sauce and added 1 can of stewed tomatoes and 1 can of tomatoes and green chilis. It was all I had. Also had to sub grated parmesan for the mozzeralla. It was delicious. One guy had 3 huge helpings. Oh yeah I also shredded the cheddar to make it go farther. As I said it was really un-expected Thanks so much. Myrna 2
- 453.59 g shell macaroni
- 1814.36 g lean ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 793.78 g can stewed tomatoes
- 793.78 g can spaghetti sauce
- 2 (566.99 g) can mushroom pieces, with liquid
- 946.36 ml sour cream
- 453.59 g medium cheddar, thinly sliced
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large frying pan, in batches if necessary, brown ground beef, then transfer to a very large pot.
- Stir in raw onions, garlic powder, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and their liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large-sized roaster (the kind you'd do a turkey in), spread half the macaroni, then top with half the meat sauce.
- Top that with half the sour cream, then half the sliced cheddar.
- Now top that with the remaining macaroni, then the remaining meat sauce, then the remaining sour cream, then the remaining cheddar.
- Top with all the mozzarella.
- Cover roasting pan and bake in preheated oven for 75 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- Remove cover and, if cheese hasn't completely melted, let bake for a few more minutes until it has.