Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Posted in response to a request; I would be tempted to add a lot more seasonings.
Make and share this Company's Coming Pasta Casserole for a Crowd recipe from Food.com.
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large frying pan, in batches if necessary, brown ground beef, then transfer to a very large pot.
- Stir in raw onions, garlic powder, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and their liquid.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large-sized roaster (the kind you'd do a turkey in), spread half the macaroni, then top with half the meat sauce.
- Top that with half the sour cream, then half the sliced cheddar.
- Now top that with the remaining macaroni, then the remaining meat sauce, then the remaining sour cream, then the remaining cheddar.
- Top with all the mozzarella.
- Cover roasting pan and bake in preheated oven for 75 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- Remove cover and, if cheese hasn't completely melted, let bake for a few more minutes until it has.