1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Posted in response to a request; I would be tempted to add a lot more seasonings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain well and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 3In a large frying pan, in batches if necessary, brown ground beef, then transfer to a very large pot.
- 4Stir in raw onions, garlic powder, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and their liquid.
- 5Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until onions are tender.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7In a large-sized roaster (the kind you'd do a turkey in), spread half the macaroni, then top with half the meat sauce.
- 8Top that with half the sour cream, then half the sliced cheddar.
- 9Now top that with the remaining macaroni, then the remaining meat sauce, then the remaining sour cream, then the remaining cheddar.
- 10Top with all the mozzarella.
- 11Cover roasting pan and bake in preheated oven for 75 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- 12Remove cover and, if cheese hasn't completely melted, let bake for a few more minutes until it has.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Company's Coming Pasta Casserole for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.2
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 533.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 27.1 g