Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
When you're having guests, you can pop this in the oven, bake,then keep warm for when you're ready to eat. It allows you more time for the rest of the meal.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cover potatoes with water in lg pot.
- Cook until tender.
- Drain and mash.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, and 3 T butter; mix well, add salt.
- Spoon into 11x7 baking dish.
- Melt 1 T butter; drizzle over potatoes.
- Bake, covered, at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
Sorry, but we didn't find anything out of the ordinary with these potatoes. They just seemed like regular mashed potatoes to us. Why bother baking? I don't think I would make these again. I thot they would be something different.
I've made these and they are good.I put them in the crockpot and they stay good for hours.
I made these for my Christmas Eve dinner and my husband kept saying how much he loved the taste that they had. I used the potatoes with the skins and 4 ounces cream cheese. Thanks!