Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
I'm not sure where the name of this dish came from but I grew up eating it. It's simple, easy and filling..and pretty darn good.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This is excellant. I wish I could give you more than 5*'s for this wonderful dish. The chicken is tender, moist and juicy, with thin slices of sweet onion. The herbs & seasonings blend beautifully creating, an incredibly tasty gravy. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (skin removed)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid browning sauce (kitchen bouquet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken pieces in ungreased 3 quart casserole or small roaster. Spread onion slices over chicken.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and onions.
- Cover and place in 350 degree oven. Bake for approx 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.