Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a Pillsbury Bake-off.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz. pkg.)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- Prepare pie crust according to pkg. directions for one-crust filled pie using 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla; beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in cashew nuts. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until top of pie is deep golden brown. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
I'm pretty sure I did everything the recipe said to do...but all I ended up with was a big gooey mess...the 'taste' wasn't bad but nothing I'd write home about.