Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Serve this along side of a pork or beef roast or turkey dinner, your guests will rave! if you are making this for a large gathering then make two separate recipes in two baking dishes -- this is also a great way to get kids to eat their veggies :)
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (low-fat is okay)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook the carrots in a saucepan until fork-tender, about 15 minutes drain VERY well (you might even want to pat dry with a paper towel) cool slightly.
- Place the cooled carrot in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; pulse to combine.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until puffed and set.