Cook1 hr 30 mins
This can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight if you like, then baked the next day. Great for a weekend when you have lots of stuff going on!
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Brown the sausage, drain. I like to put it in a food processor and hit pulse a few times, I don't like the larger pieces but don't go so far as to make a paste!
- Whisk the eggs and seasonings in a bowl,.
- add milk.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Layer the ingredients as follows; all the sausage, then a layer of cheese, then half the bag of hash browns, then the cheese and the rest of the hash browns. Pour the egg/milk/ seasonings mixture over all.
- Cover with foil bake for one hour, check for doneness, mine usually take a bit longer, but everyone's oven is different.
- When done top with more shredded cheese and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with fruit salad for a delightful brunch!