Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 box unprepared bread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- Place chicken in large baking dish.
- Cover each with a slice of cheese.
- Cover with undiluted chicken soup.
- Mix stuffing with melted butter (margarine) Sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 75 minutes.
This was VERY good, and easy. My favorite combination. There were no leftovers at our house either. I added a little minced garlic and I cooked the chicken in a baking dish in half a can of chicken broth, I didn't add the other ingredients until the chicken had cooked a little, then added the cheese, and diluted the soup with the other half can of broth. I also instead of "topping" the chicken with the stuffing mix, put it between and all around the chicken. That way, you could see the chicken, and the stuffing.
Made this for a get together and there was nothing left! Wonderful!
Thank you. This recipe was terrific. I made it for my mother in law's birthday dinner and everyone seemed to like it. I followed the direction of the other review and also added chicken broth and a small amount of minced garlic. My Mother in law asked that I make it for any future family parties. Big hit, no leftovers!