Recipe by Darlene Summers
This makes a scrumptious breakfast. Serve with toast and jelly, hash browns and juice. You will get rave reviews.
Top Review by sbusby21
Sorry but this turned out too soggy for us. I followed the directions and even tried baking it 20 extra minutes, but the bread part was too wet. The appearance and fluffiness was nice.
- 8 slices bread
- 8 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup Velveeta cheese
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb browned and drained sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cube bread into small pieces; place in dish.
- Cube the cheese and place in dish.
- Add crumbled, cooked sausage.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs; add milk and seasonings and mix well.
- Pour mixture over bread and cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- For breakfast, bake 1 hour at 325°.