Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- Cook beans according to package directions but less time than that called for- Drain.
- Toss beans with drained bean sprouts, drained and sliced water chestnuts, and drained mushrooms.
- Turn mixture into a 2-quart shallow casserole.
- Combine minced onino and cheese soup, and pour this sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle onion rings over the top and bake for 10 minutes more.