Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 1 (1 lb) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can French fried onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans according to package directions but less time than that called for- Drain.
- Toss beans with drained bean sprouts, drained and sliced water chestnuts, and drained mushrooms.
- Turn mixture into a 2-quart shallow casserole.
- Combine minced onino and cheese soup, and pour this sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle onion rings over the top and bake for 10 minutes more.