Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty steak with a beefy mushroom wine sauce. Sounds simple and delicious! I found this online at http://lifestyle.msn.com .
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (1 pound) or 4 (4 ounce) top sirloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms (3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine or 1⁄3 cup sherry wine or 1⁄3 cup beef or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (recipe calls for white wine variety)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, snipped
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Spread mustard evenly over both sides of steaks.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add steaks; cook to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 7 to 10 minutes for medium-rare or 10 to 12 minutes for medium).
- Transfer steaks to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet drippings.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Stir in wine, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme.
- Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, stir into mushroom mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Spoon over steaks.