Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Can be used for breakfast or brunch
- 12 slices day old bread
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups diced ham
- 6 eggs, beaten slightly
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices cheese (or sharp cheese)
- Butter 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut bread into 3 inch circles or doughnut holes.
- Set aside.
- Put scraps of bread on bottom of pan, then one layer of cheese slices on top of bread.
- Cook and drain broccoli and put one layer of broccoli and add diced ham.
- Arrange doughnut holes and bread holes.
- This may be prepared ahead of time and stored in fridge, covered.
- Combine slightly beaten eggs, milk, chopped onion, salt and mustard.
- Mix and pour over bread.
- cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered 325F 55-60 mins.
- Stand 10 mins before serving.