Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is our favorite stew recipe at our house. We call it Beef Stroganoff - but it doesn't follow the traditional. We serve it with Uncle Ben's Original Recipe Wild Rice Mix. The original recipe does not call for sour cream - but I add it just before serving - which is why we call it beef stroganoff at our house. I have also made this in the crock pot.
- 4 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix soups and sherry and heat through.
- Put beef cubes in large casserole and pour sauce over and stir.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
- Add mushrooms
- Bake 1 additional hour.
- Add the sour cream just prior to serving.