Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this recipe from a caterer I worked for. We served it during the holidays. Everyone loves this salad! Its very pretty and easy! This is a great salad to throw together and impress guests.
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens (field greens work best)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled (Blue cheese may be substituted)
- 2 tart green apples, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- dried cranberries (to taste)
- 4 ounces bottles raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- In a pan lightly toast walnuts.
- Lightly toss apples with a little lemon juice (this keeps them from turning brown) In a large bowl, combine salad greens, walnuts, cheese, and apples.
- Sprinkle with cranberries if desired.
- Toss with raspberry vinaigrette, and serve.
This salad was delicious! Frist time we have tried raspberry vinaigrette. I used blue cheese instead of gorgonzola. Will make this delicous salad again. Thanks Litte Bee. Bullwinkle.
This salad will certainly impress your guests. We loved the combination of ingredients. (I used about half of the Gorgonzola and that worked fine for us.) I also saute'd the walnuts in a little butter before adding to the salad. I can't wait to make this again!!! It looked so nice on the table. Thanks AGAIN for sharing a great recipe, Little Bee.
Great salad. Made for company, and loved by all. unique blend of tastes! Loved the green apple addition. I subbed pecans for walnuts, and didn't use nearly as much gorgonzola - it would have been way too much.