Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great dish that easily doubles for big parties or potlucks. Also it is a great and different change to mashed potatoes.
- 1 (2 lb) bag hash browns (thawed)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup margarine (softened) or 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup of chopped onions or 1⁄2 cup dehydrated onion
- 1 cup corn flakes or 1 cup crushed cracker
- 1⁄4 cup of melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except the cornflakes or crackers and the 1/2 stick of melted butter together in a bowl.
- Grease 9x13 inch pan (you can use cooking spray) and add all ingredients from the bowl to the pan.
- Just before baking, mix the cornflakes or crackers and the 1/2 stick of melted butter together and then sprinkle on the top.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Everything needed was in my cupboard.
A great tasting and simple recipe to make as a fantastic side dish.
Thanks for posting this Angelofraa.
I have been using this recipe for several years, it is always a hit !! Thanks for posting so I have easier access to it !