Recipe by LuckyMomof3
This recipe came from my Nana (aka one of my best-friends) who has made it for every special occasion. It is so good but so bad but an absolute must for a comfort food recipe collection. Note: don't eat these first or you won't be able to finish your meal!
- 9 large white potatoes
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop potatoes and boil in water until fork tender.
- Drain and mash potatoes in large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder butter, egg, and garlic powder.
- Beat with hand mixer until fluffy.
- Scrape mixture into large casserole dish, and for nice appearance use back of spoon to "peak" potatoes like meringue.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- *Mixture may be refrigerated at this point until needed, let stand at room temperature 1 hr before baking*.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until peaks slightly brown.
- Enjoy *this dish really holds its heat so be careful*.