Recipe by diner524
Swiss cheese lends distinctive flavor to this rich, creamy potato casserole. Since it tastes wonderful and looks so lovely, this side dish is perfect for serving company or as part of a special holiday meal. I cut this out of one of the Taste of Home magazines. Posting for safe keeping!! Note: Make sure potatoes are already cooked or else they would not be done in this amount of time in the oven.
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (12 oz)
- 1 1⁄4 cups swiss cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, carrot, onion, parsley, salt, dill and pepper. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the paprika and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.