18 hrs 30 mins
9 hrs 30 mins
You may substitute dried shiitake mushrooms for the morels. Leftover meat and gravy make great hot roast beef sandwiches the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package dried morel
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 medium onions, quartered (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 (16 ounce) package carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 16 small red potatoes, halved (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1Combine roast, soy sauce, and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan; add mushrooms. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- 3Drain mushrooms through a cheesecloth-lines colander over a bowl, reserving broth mixture.
- 4Remove roast from bag, reserving marinade.
- 5Sprinkle roast with pepper, gently pressing pepper into roast.
- 6Combine reserved marinade, mushroom broth mixture, and tomato paste; stir well, and set aside.
- 7Place mushrooms, onion, carrot and potato in a 6-quart electric slow cooker; toss gently.
- 8Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add roast, browing well on all sides.
- 9Place roast over vegetables in slow cooker. Pour tomato paste mixture into pan, scraping to loosen browned bits.
- 10Pour tomato paste mixture over roast and vegetables.
- 11Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour. Reduce to low-heat setting, and cook 8 hours or until roast is tender.
- 12Place roast and vegetables on a serving platter; keep warm. Reserve liquid in slow cooker; increase to high-heat setting.
- 13Place flour in a small bowl. Gradually add water, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add flour mixture to liquid in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- 14Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Company Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.9
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 515.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: