Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
How many ways can you fix peas? I don't know, but here is a simple, yet elegant and lovely way to serve them to your guests.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 10 ounces frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 ounces broiled canned mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 dash thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook onions in butter until tender but not brown; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat until warm.
- Serves 4.
another winner bev! i was able to get fresh shelled peas, and also used shallots and fresh baby bella mushrooms. i added a pinch of tarragon, since i love that with peas, and this was a wonderful side dish to our family dinner- thanks for sharing:)
I used fresh button mushrooms and followed the recipe. This was such a nice addition to our Thanksgiving dinner this year. Everyone enjoyed them!
This was a great addition to our Easter table. I used fresh portabella mushrooms and olive oil instead of butter (good fat). I added a little rosemary in with it and it was a nice addition also. This is one we will have often from now on! Delicious!