Company Mixed Vegetable Scramble
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, celery, carrots, and onion; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Arrange half the vegetable mixture over the bottom; sprinkle evenly with ½ cup bread crumbs, 1 cup cheese, and half the sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables, ½ cup bread crumbs, remaining 1 cup cheese, and sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup bread crumbs over the top; drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until golden brown.