Recipe by Hey Jude
I recently made this recipe when I was having guests for dinner who had informed me they might be late. It was perfect. It held well in a 200 degrees oven for 45 minutes and turned out great! It's easy too. The original recipe calls for green onions, I used chives, it also called for cheddar cheese, I only had grated colby/jack and that was fine too. A forgiving recipe! From an old Farm Journal cookbook.
- 4 cups hot seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup snipped chives (or green onions)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, sour cream, chives (or green onions) and cheese.
- Turn into a greased, 1 1/2-qt casserole; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- *Bake in a 350° oven for 25 minutes.
- *Atthis point, you may refrigerate until baking time, or if they are baked and ready before serving time, you can hold them in a low temp oven.