Recipe by KGCOOK
Can't remember where I got this recipe but it's always a good one. You can use fresh, leftover, or instant for this this recipe. Cooking time below is for fresh potatoes.
Top Review by teresas
This was so good. If you like your mashed potatoes on the firm side, like I do, I would suggest you not use to much liquid in making the mashed potatoes. Mine came out very soft, I think because of the addition of the sour cream. But the flavor is so darn good. We really enjoyed it. I made as posted except I did throw it under the broiler for a few minutes just to brown it a bit. I served it with recipe #386839 and some peas for a very delicious dinner. Maybe next time I will even serve it to company. Thanks for posting. :)
- 4 cups hot seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Spray 9x11-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour potato mixture into dish.
- Dot with small amounts of butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or till hot.
- If desired, sprinkle extra cheese over the top and top with extra green onion.