Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Can't remember where I got this recipe but it's always a good one. You can use fresh, leftover, or instant for this this recipe. Cooking time below is for fresh potatoes.
- 4 cups hot seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Spray 9x11-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour potato mixture into dish.
- Dot with small amounts of butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or till hot.
- If desired, sprinkle extra cheese over the top and top with extra green onion.
This was so good. If you like your mashed potatoes on the firm side, like I do, I would suggest you not use to much liquid in making the mashed potatoes. Mine came out very soft, I think because of the addition of the sour cream. But the flavor is so darn good. We really enjoyed it. I made as posted except I did throw it under the broiler for a few minutes just to brown it a bit. I served it with recipe #386839 and some peas for a very delicious dinner. Maybe next time I will even serve it to company. Thanks for posting. :)