Recipe by Marie
A very unique mashed potato casserole topped with a mixture of whipped cream, Gruyere and Parmesan cheese. Cook time is for baking and does not include the boiling of the potatoes. Absolutely delicious!
- 907.18 g baking potatoes
- 59.16 ml butter
- 118.29 ml hot milk
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml shredded gruyere cheese
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese or 78.07 ml romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and quarter potatoes, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and mash, add the butter and gradually add milk.
- Mash until smooth and stir in salt.
- Place mashed potatoes in a greased shallow casserole dish and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff, then fold in gruyere cheese and 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread cream mixture over top of potatoes and sprinkle remaining Parmesan over it.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until top is well browned.
- Serve immediately.