1/2 Photos of Company Macaroni and Cheese
This is by far the creamiest, tastiest and most special macaroni and cheese I have ever tried. I'm not usually a fan of homemade macaroni and cheese, but when a friend served this, I had to have the recipe. Since it's so little fuss and well received, it's a terrific potluck dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- 3Drain macaroni; add to the cheese sauce and stir to coat.
- 4Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- 5Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over macaroni.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Company Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.9
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 1661.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 23.5 g