Recipe by fugaler
So yummy and a nice kick to it thanks to the hot Italian sausage. My extended family requests this whenever we get together for lasagna. It's a little pricey to make, but it's so good, an worth it. I got this from the back of Western Family lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna according to package directions, drain.
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large pot (while noodles are cooking), cook sausage and beef ; drain.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking until onion is tender.
- Add next five ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, blend egg and Ricotta cheese.
- In bottom of 9×13 pan spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture. Then layer 1/3 lasagna, followed by 1/3 of the ricotta, 1/3 of the mozzarella and 1/3 of the parmesan.
- Repeat layering until ingredients are used up.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.