Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, impressive, and soooo delicious. Cooling time included in the cooking time.
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars, shaved and divided
- your favorite brand vanilla ice cream
- Drain oranges, reserve liquid.
- Loosely chop the orange segments, and set aside.
- Heat corn syrup and liquid from oranges in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Triple Sec and almond extract.
- Stir in chopped orange segments.
- Stir in marshmallows just to coat them with the syrup- do not stir to dissolve. They should be partially melted.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve: place the desired amount of ice cream in individual serving bowls and divide half of the shaved chocolate over each bowl.
- Ladle the orange/syrup mixture over each, and top with the remaining shaved chocolate.
- If you wish to make the dessert non-alcoholic, add Triple Sec in with corn syrup and liquid from oranges and boil in step number 2.