Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My dh calls this "ham stroganoff." It is my favorite way to use leftover ham.
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 teaspoons flour
- Saute chopped onions and mushrooms in butter or margarine.
- When vegetables are tender, sprinkle with flour and stir.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Serve over rice, noodles, or baked potatoes.
I used a black forest ham and it had a great ham flavor, though I wish I had chopped the ham into smaller cubes. I served it on egg noodles and it was very tasty, but definitely a more delicate flavor than the savory that I am used to in a true stroganoff. My whole family ate and enjoyed, and they aren't fond of the usual stroganoff flavor! An excellent variation.