Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great side dish that features sweet green peas with mushrooms and bacon in a white cream sauce. Recipe found on the internet.
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen peas
- 5 slice bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml light cream
- Cook peas according to package directions.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp, then remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet and saute until almost done.
- Add flour, stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add cream, cook and stir to consistency of a medium white sauce.
- Add all of mixture to peas and stir in bacon.
This is a great recipe. Peas can be so boring. I would not bae afraid to cook this for a crowd.
This was enjoyed by all the Thanksgiving guest. Great flavor. I did have to use more than the 1 cup of cream so that it wasn't quiet so thick. I also seasoned with garlic salt and onion salt. Wonderful flavor.
Well, I love green peas even with nothing on them at all, but this is a fantastic new take on them. This would be a great side dish for company when you want to impress!