1/1 Photo of "company" Green Beans
Knitting Granny's Note:
My Grandmother used to fix this when company was coming over, hence the name. This is a very forgiving recipe where amounts of ingredients can be varied to suit different tastes (Want less onion? Want more bacon?It's all good). Also, it can be doubled or tripled without any harm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon slices cross-ways into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Fry bacon in a sauce pan until just crisp.
- 3Remove bacon from pan and let drain on paper towels.
- 4Pour off all but a couple teaspoons of bacon fat.
- 5Add onion to pan and cook just until translucent and soft.
- 6If using whole tomatoes, cut them up using a sharp knife while they're still in the can.
- 7Add tomatoes to the pan along with the drained can of green beans.
- 8Add bacon and heat until all ingredients are thoroughly heated.
- 9Serve in small bowls because it's kind of "soupy".
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "company" Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 153.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g