Recipe by Chef SuzyQ
The Ro-tel is what makes these! Little bit sweet, little bit spicy. These go great with roast beef and mashed potatoes.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Very quick and easy, but fancy looking beans! I liked the addition of the sugar to sweeten them up and offset the acid of the tomatoes. Will make these again! Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 6 slices crisp bacon, crisp fried and crumbled, reserve drippings
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in reserved bacon drippings in large skillet until tender.
- Add green beans, stirring to coat with bacon drippings.
- Cook, covered, for several minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, undrained tomatoes and crumbled bacon; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes longer.