Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Ro-tel is what makes these! Little bit sweet, little bit spicy. These go great with roast beef and mashed potatoes.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 6 slices crisp bacon, crisp fried and crumbled, reserve drippings
- Saute onion in reserved bacon drippings in large skillet until tender.
- Add green beans, stirring to coat with bacon drippings.
- Cook, covered, for several minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, undrained tomatoes and crumbled bacon; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes longer.
Very quick and easy, but fancy looking beans! I liked the addition of the sugar to sweeten them up and offset the acid of the tomatoes. Will make these again! Made for 2012 Spring PAC.