Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like garlic you will like this Chicken.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 heads garlic, cloves separated
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon each,if using dried herbs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine (or enough to cover chicken in casserole)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Layer chicken in a 4-quart casserole.
- Remove papery outer covering of garlic (DO NOT PEEL).
- Put garlic on top of and among the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with thyme and rosemary.
- Add wine to cover.
- Bake,covered,at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Before serving sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with French Bread (squeeze soft garlic onto bread) Yummy.
this was very nice- don't be afraid to use all the garlic, it actually sweetens the dish