Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a crock-pot recipe that actually makes a dish that looks elegant. From "Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly by Phyllis Pellman Good.
- Prepare liquid Butter Buds according to package directitons.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Top each breast with a slice of cheese.
- Combine soup and water. Pour over chicken.
- Toss the stuffing mix, its seasoning packet, and prepared Butter Buds together. Sprinkle over chicken breasts.
- Covert. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
Don't know if I should really rate this as I didn't make the exact recipe. I was out of stuffing mix, so I was planning on doing the bread cubes like Debber did. However, I forgot. So I got home and I have this most amazing chicken/gravy mixture. So I threw in some mixed frozen veggies and served over homemade buttermilk biscuits. I'll be making this again. SUPER GOOD!
Wowie-kazowie! This was an AWESOME recipe!!! I made it in the oven, baked at 350 for about 30 minutes. I cut the breast pieces into paillards (cutlets), they were still partially frozen--which made it very easy--laid them in a baking pan for the oven. Added a spoonful of sour cream to the soup-water mix for a bit of richness (not that it wasn't rich enough!!!). Oh, and instead of the stuffing mix, I toasted four pieces of bread (let them sit in the toaster after it was done browning, to get them extra crispy, then diced into little cubes, doused with the butter (no seasonings), and it was ooh-la-lah-licious! About half-way through the baking time (roughly 30 minutes or so), I covered the top LOOSELY with a square of foil to keep the bread cubes from browning too much. When asked, the Peanut Gallery awarded one 5-star and one 10-star rating, so you know it's a good 'un!.. *PAC Autumn 08* ..DEFINITELY A KEEPER bound for the kitchen binder!