Recipe by Indynana
This is a crock-pot recipe that actually makes a dish that looks elegant. From "Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly by Phyllis Pellman Good.
Top Review by TransplantedHusker
Don't know if I should really rate this as I didn't make the exact recipe. I was out of stuffing mix, so I was planning on doing the bread cubes like Debber did. However, I forgot. So I got home and I have this most amazing chicken/gravy mixture. So I threw in some mixed frozen veggies and served over homemade buttermilk biscuits. I'll be making this again. SUPER GOOD!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (can use liquid butterbuds mix)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (can use low-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 ounces seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare liquid Butter Buds according to package directitons.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Top each breast with a slice of cheese.
- Combine soup and water. Pour over chicken.
- Toss the stuffing mix, its seasoning packet, and prepared Butter Buds together. Sprinkle over chicken breasts.
- Covert. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.