Recipe by CarrieB.
This would be a nice dish to serve to guests this holiday season! I haven't tried it but it sounds great.
Top Review by KO from CT
I was looking for a seafood pie recipe. I came across this recipe; I put it in a pie shell. It was wonderful! The only thing that I changed was adding shrimp and some lobster meat. Everything else was the same, and the pie shell of course. mmmmmm, delicious!
- 1 lb florida blue crabmeat (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons crushed corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Thaw crabmeat if frozen. Remove shell or cartilage pieces, if any.
- Cut artichoke hearts in half; place them in a greased, 1 1/2-quart casserole. Add crabmeat and mushrooms; cover and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and ground red pepper. Slowly stir in half-and-half.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in sherry.
- Pour sauce over crabmeat in dish.
- Combine corn flakes and cheese; sprinkle over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bubbly.