Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This looks harder then it is.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir couscous into boiling water and return water to a boil.
- Cover and remove pot from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- While the couscous is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, green onions and peppers; saute briefly.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, cooked couscous, salt and pepper.
- Mix together and transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Splash some balsamic vinegar on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese while still warm.
I have this same recipe from another source and find it delicious. My husband does not like texture of the tomatoes, so I usually leave them out. My dash of balsamic vinegar is generous as it gives the dish a nice flavor and color.