Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom found this recipe in a copy of Taste of Home - has been a regular on the table since!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Saute onion and celery in butter till tender.
- Stir in parsley, salt, savor and pepper.
- Drain corn and add onion/celery mixture to microwavable casserole dish.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and lemon juice.
This had a great flavor and was a different way to prepare corn. Only thing is I found it a little runny, between the butter and sour cream there was a lot of liquid, next time I will cut back a little on the sour cream.
i have this recipe too but i use frozen corn and just throw it in with the onion/celery mix towards the end and heat them all toghether, skipping the microwaving step.