Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful side dish to any meal.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drain 1 can
- In a large skillet, cook bacon till crisp, remove and crumble. In same skillet, saute onion in bacon drippings and butter until tender.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Mix in corn and cook over low heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in bacon, saving some to use as garnish.
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with reserved bacon; serve immediately.
Made half the recipe. Very rich and definitely not diet, but wonderful for the occasional splurge. Served with Herb Buttered Grilled Sirloin and Do It Ahead Mashed Potatoes. Thanks for posting Baby Chevelle. Made for My3Chefs Nov '09.