Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich elegant casserole that is good enough to serve for company.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup cashews or 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften dried onion in water and drain.
- Mix together all ingredients except cheese.
- Put inot 9x13 pan and top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
*For Spring 2008 PAC* - it occured to me, while putting this together, that I had not prepared a casserole containing "cream of --" soups for a while. This proves the axiom that FAT TASTES GOOD !! Since there are just the 2 of us, I fixed 2 casseroles, to freeze the larger one for when family is here. I had all the ingredients, so prep was easy -- and the water chestnuts and slivered almonds provided a nice crunch. Glad that NI did not print when I took the recipe down. For once in a while Down Home Goodness, this can't be beat !! Thanks, Kathy!!.