1 hr 15 mins
This is a wonderful Pot Pie. I have tried many, many recipes out there and finally came up with this. Prep time does not include Pie Crust. I used a Pillsbury refrigerated crust and it turned out wonderful. You can also use leftover chicken which will cut the prep time way down. Hope you enjoy this recipe. Also, use whatever seasonings your family likes, next time I'm going to add tarragon, yummy. See, this is still a work in progress but I'm thinking this was pretty close to being IT for me. lol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Prepare double crust pie pastry (I used a deep dish pie pan)
- 2 chicken breasts (enough for 2 cups chopped chicken)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder basil and a pinch of celery salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, watch this)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup chopped carrot (par cooked)
- 1Poach chicken in chicken broth and seasoning for approximately 20 - 30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning over half way through cooking time in medium size pot, cool and chop into cubes, set aside.
- 2Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Place 1 crust in ungreased pie pan (I used a deep dish ceramic pie pan).
- 4Melt butter over medium low heat in medium size sauce pan, whisk in flour and seasonings cook until creamy and bubbly, slowly whisk in broth and cream and heat until boiling stirring constantly. Boil for a minute or 2. TASTE (this is where you want to adjust seasoning according to your familys taste. Fold in chopped chicken and veggies until fully smothered with the yummy sauce.
- 5Pour into pastry lined pan and place second pie crust over filling. Press bottom and top pastries together around edges to seal the crust together so the filling doesn't seep out while baking. Make what ever kind of edges you like.
- 6Cut a couple of slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape so the crust will bake on top of filling. Don't forget to do this, you don't want your filling to end up with a space between it and the pie crust.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes. (Check at 30 minutes to see if you need to put foil over top to reduce excessive browning).
- 8Let sit for 15 minutes or so to set the filling.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Company Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.1
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.6 mg
- Sodium 917.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 27.4 g