Recipe by True Texas
Clipped from the Star-Telegram newspaper in the 90's, but the recipe originally comes from a Better Homes & Gardens cookbook from 1958. It is so sinfully loaded with everything bad, but I say sometimes you just need to say "What the Heck" and eat this way. It is delicious.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttered bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles in boiling salt water until tender. Rinse in cold water.
- Mix the chicken soup, broth, salt and poultry seasoning in a saucepan and heat.
- Beat together the cheeses, sour cream and mayonnaise, then stir in the olives, onion, green pepper and parsley.
- Place half the noodles in a 9-by-13-inch buttered baking dish. Spread with half the cheese mixture, then half the chicken and half the soup. Repeat layers and top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes.