1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Meredith .F's Note:
One of my favorite make-ahead dishes that serves a crowd and everyone loves! Don't be put off by the number of steps-it really is very simple. And the title is true-easily worthy of company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1In large skillet, simmer chicken breasts, in a single layer, in chicken broth, covered until chicken is tender and juices run clear (approx. 20 min).
- 2Remove chicken & cool slightly. Arrange in a 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Reserve 1 1/2 cups chicken broth for sauce.
- 4Spoon artichoke hearts over chicken.
- 5In med. skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter;saute mushrooms and red pepper until all liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- 6In small saucepan, melt 1/3 cup margarine;blend in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in reserved chicken broth and half-and-half. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly;boil and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in sherry & rosemary;pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle mushrooms and red pepper evenly over sauce. Refrigerate, covered several hours or overnight.
- 7To Bake: Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake covered, 1 hour; uncover and bake until heated through (about 15 min.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Company Chicken 'n Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 540.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 25.4 g