Recipe by keen5
I made this recipe last week-end to take over to my mothers. She had about 5 people there helping her to pack for her moving day. They all loved this recipe and most had 2nds. I got this recipe from J&S Oldtime Recipe site. Prep time is approximate, because I was doing other things in between the chopping and mixing.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This little casserole is deceptively rich with the different cheeses in it! I followed directions exactly except I was out of green pepper so I subbed a red pepper. DH told me to give this the most amount of stars as he though it was fantastic! It was a WONDERFUL suprise as I have never tried a casserole in the crockpot and I am a crockpot user big time! Thanks keen5 for a recipe that's a keeper for sure!
- 8 ounces noodles
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to pkg. until barely tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the remainding ingredients with the noodles, making sure the noodles are separated and coated with liquid.
- Pour into a greased crockpot.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6-10 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
- DO NOT LIFT LID DURING COOKING! It will brown on the sides,if cooked on low and that is the way I recommend it be done.