Recipe by KittyKitty
Entertaining is easy with Company Chicken-Artichoke Bake. White wine enhances the flavor of this dish.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups chablis or 1 1⁄4 cups other dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes obn each side ot until browned. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving pan drippings; place chicken in a 2 quart casserole. Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in reserved pan drippings until tender. Add flour and salt, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add wine and broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Arrange halved artichoke hearts over chicken. Spoon cream cheese mixture over chicken and artichokes. Cool.
- TO STORE: Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- TO SERVE:Bake, covered, at 350 for 45 to 50 minuts or until bubbly. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.