Recipe by ellie_
Easy enough for every day, but fancy enough for company. This is great served with baby sliced potatoes, brocolli (or other green vegetable) and a green salad.Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1990)
Top Review by Marie
Only thing I did different was to add some fresh garlic to the melted butter and let it set for about 15 minutes for the flavor to develop before drizzling over the chicken. Also added some fresh minced parsley to the breadcrumbs. Made for a very delicious dinner. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Ellie.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic powder
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Place chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten to thckeness of 1/4-inch with a meat mallet (or rolling pin). Season chicken with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Fold each prosciutto slice in half and roll tightly.
- Roll cheese slice around the prosciutto piece.
- Place cheese roll on one long side of a chicken breast and roll up tucking in ends, secure with tooth pick(s). Repeat with remiaing chicken and cheese rolls.
- Using two pie plates (one containing egg and the other bread crumbs), dip each chicken breast into egg and then into breadcrumbs.
- Place in baking pan and drizzle butter over all.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.