1 hr 15 mins
My grandmother used to make this casserole alot, especially for Sunday dinner. It has always been a family favorite, hope you like it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1Cook noodles in salted water; drain.
- 2Melt butter or margarine and saute green bell pepper.
- 3Add meat and cook until meat loses its pink color.
- 5Add salt, pepper, garlic salt and tomato sauce.
- 6Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 7In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, onions & noodles.
- 8Gently mix together.
- 9Alternate layers of noodles & meat mixture in a 2-qt.
- 11Top with cheese and bake 30 minutes at 350.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Company Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.3
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.1 mg
- Sodium 1149.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 36.9 g