Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Good 1 dish meal for potlucks--very versatile--you can use your imagination and add many other ingredients to make it different. I often add mushrooms and do with bread crumbs.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Cook noodles; drain and set aside.
- Brown meat; drain.
- Add tomato sauce to beef; remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, onions and peppers.
- Butter a casserole dish and spread 1/2 the noodles in the bottom.
- Cover noodles with 1/2 the cheese mixture, then 1/2 the meat mixture, then 1 more layer of noodles, then cheese mixture and then meat mixture.
- Pour 2 tablespoons butter over top; press down slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minute.
- If drier casserole is desired, cook 15 minutes longer.
I don't like hamburger, so I made it in a rectangle baking pan, and only put the hamburger on my husband's half. We both loved it. Good reheated.
It was good but I agree that it could use a little more flavor. I added mushrooms to mine and Italian seasoing to the sauce. Next time I will I think I will add spinach and more seasoning. Maybe italian sausage?
very good and easy casserole... added diced tomatoes to the beef mixture!! thanks for the good recipe!!